What is Happiness? I 'wikied' it today and here is what I found there: 'Happiness is an emotion associated with feelings ranging from contentment and satisfaction to bliss and intense joy.'
How many of us are truly happy? It would be so wonderful if each day brought us a new experience, something to learn, something to cherish, with the security of our regular people, regular pillars and anchors around us. I think we would have learnt a lot more and become a lot more advanced technologically or even as a race if we could only have an environment which was conducive to learning. Because I believe that by learning something, by being part of a different experience each day, we look forward to whatever is next. The feeling of accomplishment that we feel when a job is well done is happiness.
Happiness is waking up in the morning with a smile and seeing a reciprocative smile from your partner. Happiness is knowing, that no matter what, there are some things, some people in life who will always stand by you. Happiness is always having a friend to share even the silliest of things with. Happiness is really walking into the sunset with that special someone knowing that every hour of your life is going to filled with the love you share.
For some, happiness is getting that one meal a day which is not a regular occurence. Money does not by itself bring happiness but the lack of money can surely lower the quality of one's life.
Each of us should have a specific idea of the kind of life we want to live and earn according to that. I believe money is often the cause of confusion, unrest, anger and all the negative emotions if the pursuit of money is for the wrong reasons.
I've deviated from the main topic yet again, haven't I? It is true that the mind is like a monkey - jumping from one branch to another. Another perspective is that the mind is like a butterfly, happily flitting from one sweet flower to the next!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment